BACK TO NATURE
10 years in development, OREGON® BioTrim™ cutting line is made from a revolutionary, patented polymer additive blend which cuts perfectly but fragments in the soil. After just a few years, there will be no trace in the environment.
ENVIRONMENTAL CARE WITH TOP PERFORMANCE
Currently available trim line is neither compostable nor hydro-biodegradable. New BioTrim™’s chemical composition makes it oxo-biodegradable. Special additives of mineral origin incorporated into the nylon compound activate line fragmentation when left on soil, making it biodegradable with a limited lifespan. BioTrim™’s excellent performance and respect for the environment make it the ideal solution for domestic and professional users in the maintenance of gardens, golf courses, municipal parks and open spaces.
OXO -BIODEGRADABILITY IS A THREE-FOLD PROCESS:
1) Photo-oxidation: The line is fragmented by UV light from the sun over a period of 3 years.
2) Thermo-oxidation: Heat continues the fragmentation on the soil.
3) Bio-assimilation: Finally, micro-organisms in the earth consume the remaining elements.
The whole process takes between 5 and 10 years (depending on climatic conditions), after which no trace of the line remains. The line will oxo-biodegrade only when in contact with the soil. It remains completely intact and in perfect condition when stored.
The new BioTrim™ cutting line was developed in collaboration with the National Centre for Evaluation of Photo-Protection (CNEP) in Clermont-Ferrand (France) which has officially certified the oxo-biodegradation of the line.
Materials used in OREGON® BioTrim™’s innovative packaging are:
• Clear front cover made from polylactic acid called PLA. Compostability approval certificate pending.
• Packaging body made from wood dust and polyefin additive. Certified oxo-biodegradable by CNEP.
A UNIQUE COLOUR
BioTrim™ line has a distinctive yet unobtrusive natural
colour to blend perfectly with the natural surroundings.